Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Tuesday the 2nd of October

Today upon pulling into my mother's driveway, I was greeted by the UPS delivery man. The gentlemen asked, "Are you Ott?" I said yes and he handed me a small package and left. The contents of this package was the drug we need to help the chemo fight the cancer, Tarseva. It was a little ironic to be given life preserving meds so casually. We are very thankful to finally have the medication after a few days of difficuty. Our insurance company has been a wonderful help in getting the medication approved.
We have the drug! Please pray that it would be effective and powerful and that it would clear the cancer from mom's body. Please continue to pray, encourage and comment. Mom's spirit has certainly been lifted by all of your many kind words and prayers.

7 comments:

nan gib said...

I new today would be a great day--so glad you received your meds -and I hope you get a chance to take a ride and see the beautifull colors-we love you all-and will be praying always

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynne -
Our Gods love for us is so awesome! I thank Him for being with you thru all the treatments
you will have. and pray for you each day. May you feel His love and peace surround you each day, and your family also.
Love, Aunt Eleanor

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Ott,
We are praying for you out here in Illinois. You are in our thoughts often. Keep on fighting!! We love you! :)

Sarah and Allyson

Ruth said...

Lynne,
One of my closest friends (she lives in Elysburg) asked me several months ago to start praying for her friend Vicky who is about 50 years old and has been for many years a first grade teacher. Vicky was diagnosed with advanced stage pancreatic cancer earlier this year. I am happy to report that from the chemo her tumor is now 3% of it's original size. The doctors are in amazement!!! We are praising the Lord!!! I am praying for you to experience the same miracle that she is experiencing.
Love, Ruth Kennedy

Anonymous said...

Dear Lynn,

Please know that I am praying every day for you and your family. Also, our church meets each Tuesday night, and they are all praying for you. May the Lord strengthen you as you take this drug that just arrived, and may He help you to "Be still and know that He is God." In Christian Love, Della Anderson

Anonymous said...

We sang this song at church on Sunday and how true the chorus rings: "How great is our God, sing with me how great is our God and all will see how great, how great is our God!" Our Lord has already shown His greatness to you (and us)and will continue to as He fights along side you, and most importantly for you in this battle. Praying everday for you and the family and hoping to visit during my school break! Love you...

oh yeah another York church is praying for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear "Miss Baldwin,"

You were one of my favorite teachers, leaving such a positive impression that I too became a teacher. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I have asked my friends and family to pray too. As you wholeheartedly continue your fight against cancer, may you know that you are clothed in prayer, and may knowing this bring extra peace on your difficult days.

Love,

Ellen "Krug" Benbow